photo of chinatravelkey arrow Home: China tour : frequently asked question :

China Visa and Invitation Letter

What documentations do I need to travel on your programs in China
A passport, valid for at least 3 month after your visit to China and the necessary visa or permits if you are traveling with our program. The visa should be approved prior to entering China and a permit for Tibet must be obtained 15 days before entering Tibet. If you only plan to travel and stay in Hong Kong you are exempt from applying for a China visa.


How do I get a visa?
It will be very easy for you to obtain a China Visa to travel in China, which usually will allow you to stay within China for one month. If you are from the United States of America or Canada, you have several options of obtaining a China Visa:

- contact the China National Tourist Office in New York or Los Angeles
- contact your travel agent or visa services
- you can obtain it directly from the Chinese embassies or consulates as below:

1450 Laguna St.
San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
5th Floor, Lower Block, China Resource Building
Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: 2827 1811
100 West Erie St. Chicago, IL 60610, USA
Tel: 312-573-3070
443 Shatto Place Los Angeles, CA 90020, USA
Tel: 213-380-2508
2300 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington DC 20008, USA
Tel: 202-328-2517

100-1011th Ave. SW
Calgary, Alberta, T2P 0W1
Tel: 403-264-3322

520 12th Ave.
New York, NY 10036, USA
Tel: 212-330-7409

240 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2P4

Chinese Embassy in Ottawa
515 St. Patrick Street
Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 5H3

If you are not from US or Canada, please inquire with your nearest China embassies, or contact with us, we can help anyone with a valid passport to process applications for a China visa.

What do I need to have to apply for China visa
To apply for a tourist visa to China, you need an application form, passport-size photo and valid passport. Usually the process needs about seven business days. For Tibet, the Chinese Embassy must get approval from the Tibet Tourism Administration before issuing a visa.
Note: A passport-size photo means a photo similar to the one one your passport. Only photos which are head-only, full frontal, with a white background, approximately 1-1/2" by 2". You can obtain this type of photo at any "Passport photo" service. Cut-outs from personal photographs are not acceptable.

What type of visa do I need when travel to China

Usually you only only need to apply for a singleCentry visa, which is usually valid for 3 months.

What kind of information do you need when i need a invitation letter
We will send you invitation after you confirm your tour with our company and send us the following information:
1. Date of your entry China :
2. Number of days you plan to stay in China:
3. Cities that you plan to visit in China:
4. Name on passport:
5. Gender:
6. Date of birth:
7. Passport number:
8. Passport expiration date:
9. Occupation:
10.Telephone unmber and fax number : address:
12. Your address

Do I need to apply for visa again after leaving and re-entering China?
Yes, you need to apply for a double or multiple entry visa when you leave and re-enter China. Please note that, even when you leave for Hong Kong or Macao from mainland China, you still need to have a double or multiple entry visa.

  back to chinatravelkey homeHome
  Copyright @ - Expert in arranging China Tour and China Hotels.